Did you know that almost 90% of households with pets say their animals play a role in their homebuying decision, according to the National Association of Realtors?
Some other fun facts…..
- 99% of pet owners consider their pet to be a member of the family
- 95% of home buyers with pets believe it’s important to choose an animal-friendly community
- 89% say they would not give up their pet if their housing situation required it
- 83% of survey respondents reported owning a dog
- 81% of Americans say their pets play a role in choosing their housing situation
- 80% of REALTORS® consider themselves animal lovers and 68% have a pet
- 67% of REALTORS® report that having a pet has a moderate to major effect on homeownership
- 61% of U.S. households had a pet or planned to get one in 2016
- 38% of buyers want to live near a walking path and 33% want to live by a dog park
- 31% of pet owners won’t make an offer on a home that doesn’t meet the needs of their pet
You can read more about this HERE
We recently adopted our 2nd pup named Dobby (yes after the magical house elf in Harry Potter). Dobby is an 11 pound, SKINNY, Yorkshire Terrier. Before Dobby, we had put up an aluminum fence in the backyard for Monkey….had we known that we were going to be fur parents again, we would have perhaps made a different decision given the fact that Dobby fits right through the fence. Nothing some training hasn’t fixed, but just our one example (of many) of how pets can affect real estate.